College Persistence: The Knight Fund
Throughout college, there are several crucial moments that can put a student at risk of leaving school. The purpose of the Friends of Foundation Academy Knight Fund is to assist FCA alumni, currently enrolled in college or post-secondary institutions, in managing financial hardships that can hinder students from entering or persisting through their post-secondary schooling.
Through donations from the Friends of Foundation Academy, Inc, the Knight Fund provides tuition assistance and college persistence microgrants to deserving alumni.
Fall 2020 Application Timeline
- June 8, 2020: Online Application Live
- July 15, 2020: Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET
- August 15, 2020: Awards announced
Before You Apply: Documents Required to Complete Your Application
These instructions are available on the first screens of the online application. To help you prepare, they are listed below so you may gather the required documents in advance.
- All applicants MUST submit this “Request for Funds” spreadsheet, prepared in Google Sheets. First, make a copy of the file, complete it, download it, and upload it into the application when prompted. This should include the course names, course numbers, credit hours and cost breakdown.
- Proof of completed FAFSA or Alternative Application (for DACA Students) for the current school year.
- If seeking only assistance with books, please provide the text names, cost, retailer that you are purchasing from.
- Total price and documentation to illustrate the funds needed (i.e., tuition statement, links to book website, links to supply/tools needed).
- Any other documentation that will help us make your application decision simple. We will not be contacting applicants to request more information or seek clarity due to missing information/documentation.
- College Transcript