Career Day: Discovering a World of Options
On Friday, May 24, Foundation Academy’s Intermediate and Middle Schools co-hosted Career Day, a day of guest speakers visiting and talking with our scholars about a wide variety of possible career options.
Each of our career experts spoke for approximately 45 minutes in a round-robin cycle, visiting different grade levels in their classrooms throughout the schools. Each speaker shared information about their current careers, the story of how they got to where they are today, and important lessons learned along the way.
In between guest speakers, students engaged in activities like creating a career story, networking bingo, completing a career interest survey, as well as learning about and engaging in a mock job application process.
We were thrilled to welcome so many talented local professionals to Career Day, and are confident that their stories helped many of our scholars discover options they may not have considered before.
Special thanks to our Career Day speakers:
- Sensei Shane Baker, Martial Arts Teacher
- Kyle Bennett, Sports Journalist/Podcaster
- Jerrell Blakeley, Trenton City Councilman
- Shakira Brown, Branding & Communication Expert, Nationally Recognized Business Speaker, Owner, SMB Strategic Media
- Sherry Campbell, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Narline Casimir, Mercer County Prosecutor
- Sianni Dean, Entrepreneur/Baker
- Justin Duncan, Upward Bound Academic Advisor
- James Evans IV, Advancement Enterprises/Insurance Agent/Entrepreneur
- Frankie Hess, Forensic Scientist
- Tracey Jackson, Reflexions/Hair Stylist/Entrepreneur
- Justin Leith, Director of Athletics
- Kenneth Lewis Sr., Local Artist
- Sensei Vince Little, Martial Arts Teacher
- Paris McLean, Head of School and FA Board Member
- Angel Mobly, Salon Owner and Makeup Artist
- Johnna Sabree, Hair Stylist and Entrepreneur
- Ernest Stanton, Financial Advisor
- Alexander Zbinden, Apprenticed as a Chef in Europe
Career Day Photo Gallery
Michelle Lawlor, Marketing and Communications Associate, spearheads Foundation Academies’ marketing and communication efforts. Born and raised in Trenton, New Jersey, Michelle holds a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism/Multimedia Communications from Rider University.