CAREERS: Why Teach at FA?
Who is this opportunity for?
We’re looking for educators who have:
- 2+ years working in an urban or low-income setting (preferred).
- A New Jersey Teaching Certification (or are currently eligible to become certified).
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 (if graduated after Sept. 2015) or 2.75 (before Sept. 2015). Exceptions apply in the case of an exceptionally high Praxis score.
You’re our ideal candidate if:
- You believe that EVERY child deserves access to a high-quality education and that children can and will learn if properly taught.
- You are ready to meet your students where they are and push them with rigorous expectations according to their level.
- You hold yourself and your students to high standards and “walk the walk.”
- You have the confidence and tools to inspire your students to learn.
- You believe that alongside academics, a complete education includes nurturing your students as individuals, so they can become well-rounded, civic-minded, lifelong learners; the changemakers and leaders of the future.
- You embrace a growth mindset. Your lesson plans are living documents that grow and evolve along with you.
- You are ready to join a supportive team that values your contributions and shows appreciation.
- You are authentically YOU and proud of it, and genuinely committed to building meaningful relationships with students, families, and staff.
- You are dedicated and passionate about making a difference in the lives of the Black and Brown students you serve.
Now's the Perfect Time to Take Action!
If you’re ready for a rewarding career positively impacting the lives of our amazing students, apply now!