FABOT + FOFA = Better Together
CEO Sheria McRae recently convened FA’s first FA Board of Trustees and Friends of FA Board retreat to align our goals and strategies moving forward.
Strategic planning, along with fund-raising to support our scholars, topped the shared agenda. Boards members also welcomed Lawrenceville executive Dwight Green as a board member of The Friends of Foundation Academies.
“I am thrilled to join a team of fine leaders, educators, administrators, philanthropists, and professionals to help facilitate Foundation Academy’s continued excellence on behalf of spirited Trenton youth,” he said.
“A major personal motivation derives from having had intense New York City middle/high school experiences similar to these students. I look forward to supporting leadership’s vision of broad inclusive collaboration to foster outsized Trenton student achievement and community development.”
Read more! The November 2022 Newsletter, Continued
- October was ADHD Awareness Month. Learn more about this diagnosis from FA Social Worker Katie Kilcullen
- October 11 was National Coming Out Day. Read about its history and meaning in our FA blog.
- History Lesson: Watch our History in the Making video to learn about Foundation Academies.
- The FA Annual Report published in September. Read the report and see how it celebrates our community and the donors who support the purpose and promise of our scholars.
- The FA Parent Resources webpage includes important information and links to needed forms. Make sure your contact information is current!
- Be informed about important local and statewide issues that directly impact the continued success of charter schools with updates from the New Jersey Public Charter Schools Association (NJPCSA). Let us know if you would like more information on being a parent ambassador for FA.
- Got mail? We send all FAmilies an email on the first Wednesday of each month with important announcements. Check your inbox & if you don’t see it, please share your contact info with the Front Office.