FAmily Monthly February 2024
FAmily News / February 2024
Together, We Are Making History!
Happy February -- FA is celebrating Black History Month in a big way!
We are hosting a community-wide Black History Month celebration featuring music, dance,
art & more by Elementary and Middle School scholars on Thursday Feb. 29 at the Trenton
War Memorial – watch for information about tickets coming soon!
Plus, we have a month of activities (click link for the calendar!) planned at our 363 WSS campus, and FA Collegiate Black Student Union members are hosting several events commemorating Black history and influence. And don’t miss our FA Alumni Making History on social media – check out our FB, IG and LinkedIn!
This time of year, we also start preparing scholars for statewide tests measuring academic growth and success.
These tests matter! Results show if your scholar has the math, reading, writing and science knowledge expected for their grade level. Results guide our teaching. And results determine FA’s standing compared to other schools.
Teachers are equipping scholars with the skills to succeed in the classroom, and we will be sending home tips you can use at home to help our scholars show what they know on these important academic assessments.
Thank you to everyone who came out for Parent Teacher Conferences – it was great to see you! We appreciate you making sure scholars come to school every day, rested, and on time.
See you soon!
Chief Academic Officer
- 100 MAN WELCOME FRIDAY FEB 9 from 7 - 8:15 a.m. at 363 W. State Street and 22 Grand St. Breakfast rally at 7 a.m. followed by Welcome Parade. Sign up at bit.ly/FA100ManWelcome2024.
- FA ADMISSION FOR SIBLINGS: Siblings of current scholars MUST APPLY for admission to FA for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply here Deadline is 9 pm Feb. 23, 2024. Our admissions lottery will be March 7, 2024. Siblings are given priority for admission.
- RECOMMEND A FRIEND to FA Help us make FA even better and receive $500 for a hired referral after they complete their first 90 days with Foundation Academies! Recommend a Friend here.
- UPDATED: 2023-24 Academic Calendar includes new dates/events
- Arrive on time! K-8 Doors open at 7:45 am. Scholars are late at 8:01 am. FA Collegiate doors open at 7:35 am. Scholars are late at 7:43 am
Highlights: FA Scholar-Athletes Making History
Foundation Academy Collegiate is proud to announce our Knights girls volleyball team made history by capturing our first girls athletics title as the 2024 Penn-Jersey White Division Champions.
FA CEO Sheria McRae was in the bleachers to cheer on the team and called their accomplishment "a monumental win."
The Penn-Jersey White Division includes eight public, private, charter and religious schools in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.The Knights ended their season 11-3, and won the championship based on having scored the most points of any team in the division. Read more
- Their success was followed by our Middle School boys basketball team, earning their first Penn-Jersey Division title with a record of 10-2. Coach Aaron Ritchie-Stokes, an FA alum who was captain of his team at FAC, led the sixth, seventh and eighth graders to a final game score of 60-30.
“My goal is to help players get better, to be the player they want to be,” Coach said. “It’s not so much about winning – but that’s what happened!”
- FAC Sophomore wrestler Princessstorm Woody recently won her weight class to take the esteemed "Queen of the East" title in a selective tournament for the best female wrestlers in Northeast New Jersey.
Wrestling traditionally has been a boys sport. But Princess has been wrestling for six years. Although wrestling is not one of the team sports offered at FA Collegiate, scholars are able to compete in sports offered by Trenton Public Schools or athletics clubs. More girls should pursue wrestling, Princess said. "By making the commitment to the fastest growing sport, you can use wrestling to prepare to overcome any and all obstacles you may face in life." Read more
- And FA Collegiate Boys Basketball recently celebrated Senior Night, when Senior Knights were cheered on by their families, their friends, and teachers.
We’re proud of the Seniors, and all of the FA Collegiate Basketball players for a season filled with determination, perseverance, hard work, and teamwork.
1 Parent Teacher Conferences NO CLASSES K-12
2 NO CLASSES K-12 School Staff In-Service
5 CLASSES RESUME K-12
7 FAC College Campus Tour
8 FAC Black Student Union Open Mic Night
9 100 Man Welcome
9 FAC Award Ceremony
9 MS Basketball Pep Rally
9 5th Grade Valentine’s Day Social
13-15 K-2 Field Trips
15 FAC Black Student Union Trivia Night
16-19 NO CLASSES
20 ES Awards Assembly
23 Deadline to apply for FA Admission
23 K-8 Academic Pep Rally with Trenton Thunder
27 FAC College Campus Tour
29 FAC Black Student Union Arts Celebration
29 FA BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPECIAL EVENT 5:30 pm Trenton War Memorial
1 MS Black History Month Event
5 PSAT Testing
6 NJSLA Testing Info Session for FAmilies 5 pm 363 Gym
6 National College Fair Trip for 11th grade
7 Admission Enrollment Lottery
7 FACT Parent Volunteer Meeting
11-15 NJGPA Testing
12 Third Grade Field Trip
13 Fourth Grade Field Trip
14 Fifth Grade Field Trip
20 12th Grade Movie Madness
20-21 MS Field Trips
21 College Tour
21 FAC Girls Zen Circle
22 Post Testing Pep Rally
22 MS March Madness Basketball Competition 1 pm 363 Gym
22 NHS Bingo Night
27 MS FAmily Night
28 10th Grade Movie Madness
29 - April 5 NO CLASSES K-12