FAmily Monthly October
FAmily News / October 2023
Save the Date for Parent Teacher Conferences Nov. 9
October is a busy month – with field trips, dress-up days, Hispanic Heritage celebrations, and scholar recognition. Check out the list of upcoming events below.
Please mark your calendar for PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES on Thursday Nov. 9.
NOTE: NO CLASSES K-12 that day
Parents are expected to attend in person. Translators will be available. Watch for an invitation from your scholar’s advisor to schedule your conference. Any questions, please reach out to your principals.
Just want to thank the Families who came out for Back-to-School Nights – getting to know your scholar’s teachers makes a real difference in their academic success. Don’t miss this video of CEO Sheria McRae in the dunk tank!
We love getting to know your family.
See you soon!
Chief Academic Officer
NOTE: SCHOOL CLOSED MONDAY OCT 9
- Please read the Family-Scholar Handbook (English) / Manual para Familias y Estudiantes (ES) and complete the online acknowledgement form.
- Make sure the school has accurate phone numbers where you can be reached during the school day in the event of an illness or emergency. Call the office to update 609-920-9200.
- Avoid early dismissals – Scholars should only leave early if they become ill at school. Every Friday we dismiss early – 12:15 for K-8, and 1:15 for FA Collegiate. Appointments should be scheduled at that time to avoid learning loss.
- Attendance matters! Every scholar needs to be at school every day in the proper uniform so they can learn and keep up with class work. Watch video EN and video ES
- For tech help, call the IT Hotline 609-920-9200 ext. 99
News from Our Nurses
Highlights: FAC Scholars at City Hall
FA Collegiate scholars addressed the Sept. 19 Trenton City Council meeting, urging council members to improve the community by focusing more on education, expanding community activities, and keeping neighborhoods clean. Read more here
2-6 Bullying Prevention K-8
3 K field trip
4 First Grade field trip
5 4th Grade field trip
9 HOLIDAY – NO CLASSES K-12
11 Second Grade field trip
11 National Coming Out Day Collegiate & Middle School events
12 FAC College Tour
12 Third Grade field trip
13 9-12 Heritage Celebration
13 MS Dodgeball Competition
16-20 Bullying Prevention 9-12
19 Fifth Grade field trip
19 FAC Honor Council Ceremony
20 FAC Prevent Domestic Violence Purple Shirt Day
23 Thanksgiving Food Drive Kick-Off
24 FAC Financial Aid Session
27 MS Dodgeball Competition
27 Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Shirt Day
27 K-5 Trunk or Treat
30 FAC Spirit Week: Daily Dress-Up Themes
9 PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES --NO CLASSES K-12
10 FAC Concordia Chamber Orchestra visit
13 K-5 Latin Spirit Week
13 -17 Food Drive Distribution
15 ELL K-12 Parent Night 5 pm at 363 Gym
16 FAC Math/Science Olympiad
17 K-5 Fall Festival
20-24 THANKSGIVING BREAK NO CLASSES K-12
30 FAC Blood Drive