Introducing FA Elementary School
This fall, Foundation Academies will be uniting our Primary and Intermediate schools into Foundation Academy Elementary School. Watch the video above for the full K-5 Town Hall held (in English) on May 11.
NOTE: A meeting in Spanish was held Wednesday, May 17 via Google Meet with Collegiate Principal Isabel Goss and FA Elementary school leaders. Scroll down, or follow this shortcut to watch our YouTube video of that meeting.
FA Elementary will be a kindergarten through fifth grade learning community at our current campus, 363 W. State St., led by experienced educators and dedicated, talented teachers providing a nurturing and encouraging experience for all our scholars. FA Elementary will maintain the quality our FAmilies and scholars deserve and expect from Foundation Academies.
Foundation Academies Promise: We promise to equip our scholars to excel in learning and empower them to lead purpose-filled lives.
Why is FA merging PS and IS?
- This allows teachers and school leaders to design lessons that better meet developmental needs of younger scholars
- K-5 encourages fifth graders to be leaders and role models for younger scholars.
- iReady and other testing data showed a merger would enable more scholars to meet academic goals by better coordinating teaching across kindergarten through fifth grade
- The new structure will provide new learning opportunities for scholars, such as intramural sports, arts and media
- This will be a model for FA as we move forward in upcoming years with plans to expand and eliminate our Wait List
What will change?
- New FA ELE emblem chosen K-5 scholars
- New ELE uniform shirts will be available. Scholars may also wear PS/IS uniforms for 2023-24.
- Classrooms shift to grade level wings to build community
- New learning spaces:
- Media center
- Classroom libraries
- Art classroom
- OT and Speech support space
When will the merger happen?
- FA leaders are meeting with FAmilies and faculty to inform next steps
- Details will be shared over the summer
- Merger will be effective for new fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2023
- Facilities updates will occur during the summer
- FA Elementary will welcome scholars in August 2023
Where can I share ideas/ask questions?
Contact Chief Academic Officer Natasia Cooper at 609-920-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.