Knights Field Open for Fun
After years of planning, months of construction and weeks of anticipation, Foundation Academies is proud to announce Knights Field is OPEN FOR FUN!
The state-of-the-art turf soccer practice field – half a regulation soccer pitch – is designed for Middle School team practice as well as K-8 gym classes, and recess play.
“This beautiful field enhances the opportunities we have to show scholars fun ways to be active and stay healthy,” said CEO Sheria McRae. “I love that we can provide more outdoor play space for our scholars and empower them to lead healthy lifestyles.”
Plus, the turf surface – featuring the FA emblem – will enable play in almost any weather.
Until now, MS soccer players had to find rides to the Capital sports complex miles away from campus for practice. And young scholars had no open play space. The new field also is available for Collegiate team practice.
“We also hope to use the field to connect with the local community to continue showing we are all here and do all this for the amazing youth of Trenton,” said FA Athletic Director Chris Torino.
“Having the opportunity to practice on turf helps us prepare for the high level of competition we face in our soccer league,” he added. “It also increases the potential of introducing sports such as lacrosse, which most FA students have never experienced.”
School leaders and community leaders will gather Dec. 1 to officially dedicate Knights Field with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, followed by K-8 scholars taking a first lap.
Read more! The November 2022 Newsletter, Continued
- October was ADHD Awareness Month. Learn more about this diagnosis from FA Social Worker Katie Kilcullen
- October 11 was National Coming Out Day. Read about its history and meaning in our FA blog.
- History Lesson: Watch our History in the Making video to learn about Foundation Academies.
- The FA Annual Report published in September. Read the report and see how it celebrates our community and the donors who support the purpose and promise of our scholars.
- The FA Parent Resources webpage includes important information and links to needed forms. Make sure your contact information is current!
- Be informed about important local and statewide issues that directly impact the continued success of charter schools with updates from the New Jersey Public Charter Schools Association (NJPCSA). Let us know if you would like more information on being a parent ambassador for FA.
- Got mail? We send all FAmilies an email on the first Wednesday of each month with important announcements. Check your inbox & if you don’t see it, please share your contact info with the Front Office.