‘Spook Your Fears Away’ Event Supports Collegiate Scholars
FA Collegiate held its annual Spook Your Fears Away event hosted by MIND (Mental Illness Needs to be Destigmatized) to empower scholars to confront their fears.
“It’s fun to be scared during Halloween,” MIND student leaders said. “But it’s not so fun to be scared of our emotions.”
MIND was established in last year by Collegiate scholars who wanted to erase stigma and raise awareness about mental health by providing resources and events for teens to support themselves and others. During the pandemic, the club provided virtual mental workshops and mental health first aid training to youth.
Their efforts were recognized with the 2021 Youth Leadership for Service-Learning Award from the National Youth Leadership Council.
With scholars back in class together, club members are hosting monthly events to educate and normalize talking about mental health and partnering with community agencies.
Read more! The November 2022 Newsletter, Continued
- October was ADHD Awareness Month. Learn more about this diagnosis from FA Social Worker Katie Kilcullen
- October 11 was National Coming Out Day. Read about its history and meaning in our FA blog.
- History Lesson: Watch our History in the Making video to learn about Foundation Academies.
- The FA Annual Report published in September. Read the report and see how it celebrates our community and the donors who support the purpose and promise of our scholars.
- The FA Parent Resources webpage includes important information and links to needed forms. Make sure your contact information is current!
- Be informed about important local and statewide issues that directly impact the continued success of charter schools with updates from the New Jersey Public Charter Schools Association (NJPCSA). Let us know if you would like more information on being a parent ambassador for FA.
- Got mail? We send all FAmilies an email on the first Wednesday of each month with important announcements. Check your inbox & if you don’t see it, please share your contact info with the Front Office.