UPDATE: Masks To Be Your Choice Starting Dec. 5
Per New Jersey Department of Health guidelines, masks are not required when COVID-19 transmission rates are low. Because Mercer County infection rates are currently “low,” and FA has not experienced widespread absences due to COVID-19, FA is updating our mask requirement and making tests available.
- Masks will be required Nov. 28-Dec 2, the week following Thanksgiving Break to help prevent a surge of COVID-19 infections.
- Beginning Monday Dec. 5, FA will no longer require wearing masks in all school buildings and during events. For healthy scholars, staff and visitors, wearing masks will be optional – your choice.
- Masks WILL AGAIN BE REQUIRED Jan. 3-13, the week following Winter Break to prevent a surge of COVID-19 infections.
- Masking also is required for 10 days following a confirmed COVID-19 infection, per NJDOH and federal Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidance.
- Anyone may choose to wear a mask at any time at FA.
- PLEASE KEEP SCHOLARS HOME when they are sick for any reason – cold, flu, etc.
Health safety is our priority so FA will continue to monitor COVID-19 infection rates and may start requiring masks again if our COVID-19 infection rates exceed “low” or other risks – such as a new threatening variant – arise.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, FA will send home rapid test kits with scholars prior to Holiday Break so families can ensure scholars are healthy before returning to school on Jan. 3, 2023.
Read more! The November 2022 Newsletter, Continued
- October was ADHD Awareness Month. Learn more about this diagnosis from FA Social Worker Katie Kilcullen
- October 11 was National Coming Out Day. Read about its history and meaning in our FA blog.
- History Lesson: Watch our History in the Making video to learn about Foundation Academies.
- The FA Annual Report published in September. Read the report and see how it celebrates our community and the donors who support the purpose and promise of our scholars.
- The FA Parent Resources webpage includes important information and links to needed forms. Make sure your contact information is current!
- Be informed about important local and statewide issues that directly impact the continued success of charter schools with updates from the New Jersey Public Charter Schools Association (NJPCSA). Let us know if you would like more information on being a parent ambassador for FA.
- Got mail? We send all FAmilies an email on the first Wednesday of each month with important announcements. Check your inbox & if you don’t see it, please share your contact info with the Front Office.